Friday, September 30, 2011

And So, We Begin Again


Wednesday went pretty well. As well has it could have under the circumstances. Thank you for the white light, love, support, positive energy. We felt it and it helped.

I look forward to being fully able to talk about this. It really does need a public airing, but again, common-sense must prevail. We don't know the outcome yet and I don't want to jynx anything.


Suffice to say that my sweetie has never before in his life actually felt energy and white light coming to him ... until Wednesday. It was a day of firsts and that was not the least of them. You all rock!!

THANK YOU!

Now, on with life.


I had my pap smear this morning. Yay. Actually, this was the easiest one I've ever had. No discomfort at all. I lay back, we were talking about Wednesday's events, then it was over ... in about 10 seconds flat! She's very good about warming the speculum, which really helps. She confirmed that I'm perimenopausal. Well, I knew that, didn't I.

So, we were watching some female stand-up comic the other night and she was talking about having her pap smear. She completely alienated me with this; not the subject matter, but in how she talked about it. She's in her 40s at least, maybe late 30s, so she's an adult. But when she said 'pap smear' her voice got all whispery and little girly, she even lithped the 's' on 'smear'. I'm sorry, how old are you???!!! You say you're a mother and you can't say 'pap smear' in an adult tone of voice? Puhlease! Get over it. She probably calls her period 'Aunt Flow' or 'Aunt Rose'. Her vagina is probably her 'beautiful lady flower' or her 'hoo-ha'. If she has a son, he's probably completely confused about what to call his penis: his wee-wee, maybe his pee-pee?


Honestly, it is incredible to me that people are embarassed about these things. These are human biology and physiology words, folks. They aren't curse words, or nasty dirty things to talk about in dark corners. They're body parts and biological functions. Can't you just hear it? "Oh no, you can't put your weaner in my whispering eye tonight, I'm going with my flow." Makes me gag just thinking about it.

ANYWAY ...


My sweetie has specifically requested that he choose the wine for the wedding. He did that last night, actually. A very dear friend bought us dinner in a nice restaurant to celebrate the end game on Wednesday. We had a 2003 Travaglini Gattinara that was marvelous. Now, I have no taste buds for wine, got mine from my mother. Generally, neither of us can tell the difference between a $10 bottle of red and a $100 bottle of red. But every so often, we can. Last night was one of those times. The nose was heavy and fruity, so I wasn't expecting at all that it would be so very light on the palate. I was almost unaware of it. It was amazing.

Actually, I'm not sure what was more amazing; the wine, or the fact that I noticed a difference!

My sweetie will definitely be choosing the wines for the wedding.


We're probably going to keep any alcohol simple. Red and white wines, champagne for the toasts (if we can pull it off, he'd like to have a Pol Roger), perhaps Guiness and Harp, maybe an ale, also a cider, and of course non-alcoholic beverages.

Our menu is going to be interesting. If everyone we invite attends, we'll need, gluten-free (which we do anyway for me), vegan and vegetarian (which technically can be the same dish) options. And I don't want the vegetarian options to be the usual schlock that is served at big functions - mushroom risotto that looks about as appetizing as ... well I can't think of anything that unappetizing actually (nothing against mushroom risotto, perse, the mushroom risotto I had last night as part of my antipasto was STUNningly good). And I want the cake gluten-free (and vegetarian if possible). There are some amazing gluten-free cake recipes out there.

And back to dresses ... thought I'd look into red. How about these?

Darius Cordell Gown

Dresses Online

Reem Acra
We'll see. In the meantime, I'm still having fun looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment